Monday, October 4, 2010

Stress Relief

So... Friday was a really stressful end to a really stressful week. So, to blow off some steam my friend Jon and I went shooting. We went up Farmington canyon... it was LOTS of fun. Took us almost 40 mins to get to the top. When we got there we started shooting. I just unloaded a bunch from my Walther P22: it is fun to shoot and is very accurate for a pistol. I then shot my Ruger 10/22. The sight was a little messed up and I didn't have much of a shooting platform... (Tail Gate) so at about 100 feet I was missing a little. I will have to go again and bring a mat to go prone on. Then I busted out my 870 shotgun. I am a lot better shot with my shotgun than I was when I first got it. I hit all but 3 of the 20 clays I shot at when I normally would have only hit 3 of 20 before.

We have an on-call phone at my work... it is nicknamed the "Brick of Burden". We got a new one ... so ... naturally my first thought was to shoot the old one.  I took it with me up in the mountains. I broke it.


No comments:

Post a Comment