Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Roof

I am sure everyone knows about "Windpocalypse" that happened at the begining of December. Well, when that happened I was at work taking care of the servers and stuff... I didn't think that somthing might be happening to my house. When I got home there were roof shingles all over the yard, but when I looked on the roof I was just missing tabs of shingles all over, but I didn't have any missing sections.

My brother's house was missing sections of shingles so I went over there to help him cover it and protect it from any weather that might be coming. Then I turned to my house. I went up on the roof and looked around and it didn't look that bad ... I thought it could wait for me to re-roof in in the spring... which was the plan... but I decided to call the insurance and see what they thought. So a few days later the inspector came out and told Anna it looked like there was not even $1000 in damage thus the insurance wouldn't need to pay for it but after he reported to USAA and they looked at the pictures and stuff they then called me and said they were going to approve the replacement of the roof ... I was shocked ... but was really happy.

WE LOVE USAA.

Anyway, the roofers showed up and asked if I wanted to upgrade my shingles for a little bit more; the insurance would only replace what was there... but I could upgrade if I wanted so I did. They then ripped off all the shingles...
From Roof
From Roof
From Roof
...and then tar papered all before noon ... on Christmas Eve, too!
From Roof
A few days later they came over with about 25% of the shingles and did some of it.
From Roof
From Roof

The next day they finished the rest of the roof ... Buster was not happy the whole time; didn't like people banging on the roof.
From Roof

No comments:

Post a Comment