Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dr. Seuss "Pain Killers"

Oh painkillers, everyone loves you, even the grinch.
I love that you take away the pinch.

Some people use you too much, like Mitch.
I will never abuse you, only enough to take away the twitch.

You slow down the world and make it better,
Like when go down a hill and hit a tree when I'm a sledder.

Or when that texting teen drives in to the ditches,
You help when she gets the stitches.

When I forget to lift with my legs and get that pain,
You stop it before it gets to my brain.

You help with the most unpleasant of unpleasantness.
Like when we had to eat green eggs and ham.
You made me think is was chicken legs and spam.

-Scott

4 comments:

  1. Haha, That's awesome! I can't believe you wrote that! Pure Genius...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say about that disturblingly awsome poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you a poet and didn't know it
    or is that the drugs doing the typing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the time it was the lortab talking... LOL

    ReplyDelete